So I’ve been hearing about this off and on for over two years….that the UN Arms Treaty is signing away our right to bear arms. If you want the really short version: not in the least does it restrict U.S. citizens the right to keep and bear arms, it’s that simple.
Now if you need more truth…I’m going to summarize the UN Arms Treaty a bit so we can all rest easy and stop reading all the crazy articles that are telling you our freedoms have just been signed away.
1. In the very first page of the treaty it reads:
“Reaffirming the sovereign right of any State to regulate and control
conventional arms exclusively within its territory, pursuant to its own legal or
2. Our trade restrictions and regulations for arms trade are already very strict, however the effort is made relatively moot by the existence of international brokers that are able to maneuver around U.S. trade restrictions legally. This treaty effectively obligates US states to participate in adopting trade regulations on par with the U.S. to prevent arms from being traded where member countries dont want them traded internationally, this is a good thing for countries whose citizens already have the right to keep and bear arms…but for the countries that don’t, this will choke the shit out of criminal organizations looking to reload and/or stock up.
3. The treaty places a trading oversight process that is ALREADY in effect in the U.S. but will be far more useful for other countries that are seeing human rights violations due to excessive access to arms. The treaty does not cover individual states commerce with its own people, with the exception of people already about to get their ass hung out for human rights violations.
4. There is a loser in all this. It’s the gun manufacturers, because even if new venues are found by the brokers, it will cost lots more to dodge multiple countries that just the U.S. regulations.
4. I totally understand if you don’t feel my words are enough, so I’ll just link the treaty here and leave you with some very sound words of advice:
RTFM OR STFU.
Oh, and have a GREAT Day