Why I cancelled my Spotify Premium Account…
Unfortunately I too have cancelled my Premium subscription to Spotify for lack of support of the Windows 8 Mobile product.
Here are relevant reasons for my cancellation and outstanding request for more development on the product:
- I work closely with a lot of incredibly talented mobile developers, and happen to know at least 3 mobile app teams that could have produced a working product for spotify in only a few months and it wouldn’t have cost as much as you’d think.
- The W8P api was available to companies like Spotify for almost a year prior to the OS release.
- WP7 had a functional app. Again with no word from the dev or Spotify on why it’s n longer in play, more importantly, I’ve already been told that the WP7 app actually worked on the Dev releases of W8P, but dont have confirmation yet.
- While I did get a response from Spotify confirming that no W8P product was available at this time, that was all I got, nothing to even remotely try to keep me on as a paying customer.
- The W8 phone operate on the same essential kernel that the W8 OS runs on. With a very complete api library this makes creating a quality app a no-brainer for anyone with a decent amount of C#/.NET/WinOS background to get done…and get done quickly.
In all the lack of the W8P version of the Spotify app was a big dropping of the ball. I still hope Spotify comes out with an app soon, but once I get engaged with XBox Music I will not likely be quick to switch again.